Monday, July 20, 2009

Dealing with "It Is..."

Life deals us many "opportunities" daily. How we deal with those opportunities determines our health - both mental and physical. The phrase "It is what it is" and how I deal with "it is..." rings in my ears as I write this entry. How I understand and employ the steps of "the loop" in being the person I want to be when encountering these opportunities speaks volumes about my health.

Rising health-care costs, physical therapy, major work projects, continued employment, unexpected family budget items, auto maintenance and inter-personal relations all factor in to creating "loops" that need to be managed in our lives. When they occur simultaneously, management is a bigger, more critical issue. Do I wonder "Is the world caving in on me?" No; not when I understand "it is what it is" and deal with each situation using Control Theory training.

When I look at these events as "it is what it is" through the loop, my action options become more clear and my health is better as a result. Rational responses verses emotional reactions provide a formula for healthy living. A genuine smile that radiates from inside provides an opportunity to share your ACT knowledge with others. Share your strength and strengthen your health.

No comments: